Building an all-encompassing ecosystem for esports in Singapore and throughout Asia
Based in Singapore, Esports Entertainment Asia (EEA) was set up in 2019 to realise a bold vision—to build an all-encompassing ecosystem for esports in Singapore and throughout Asia. The EEA Board is made up of regional heavyweights including Mr Roland Ong, serial game publisher and esports development advocate, and Mr Johnny Ong, respected media, MICE, and tourism industry veteran.
Mr Roland Ong
Serial Game Publisher & Esports Development Extraordinaire
- Founding member, President and CTO of Singapore first internet company Horizon.com . Distributed and Published: VOD over WAN and Games: Disney Interactive, Britannica Encyclopaedia, Simon & Schuster, WarCraft3, Starcraft , Diablo, CounterStrike , ran DOTA tournaments and Cyber Cafe licensing.
- Co-Chairman and CEO of C9i, founder and publisher of World of Warcraft, China. Game Launch, April 2005. Gamer user base: 10m
- Taiwan, HK and Macao. Built payment systems, localized and obtained approval for publishing relevant government agencies. WOW, Diablo4, Starcraft 2, Overwatch, NBA2K. Gamer User base: 8m
- CEO, Founder IAHGames published Starcraft 2, FIFA Online 2 and Counter strike Online. Started regional esports tournaments ONE ASIA CUP. Gamer userbase: 35m
Mr Roland Ong
Mr Johnny Ong
Media, MICE, Tourism Extraordinaire
- Founder of UnUsUaL Limited, Asia’s Largest Promotions and Productions Company
- Defacto regional company for regional national scale events and mega festivals.
- Pioneer/Serial Entrepreneur in Singapore’s Entertainment/Technical Production Industry
- SCOGA Advisory Board Chairman
- Sits on Advisory board for some of Singapore’s largest and most influential organisations in media, tourism hospitality and MICE
Mr Johnny Ong
ESPORTS IS NOT JUST GAMING. IT IS AN INDUSTRY
Out of a world population of 7.8 billion, the total number of Internet users stands at 4.4 billion (as published in “Global Esports Market Report 2020” by NewZoo). Over 56% of people worldwide use a mobile computing device that allows them to consume media, and Asia is home to more than half of the world’s Internet users. Digital is the new normal—top influencers are sharing and creating content around games, tech giants like Google and Microsoft are streaming PC-quality games online to make them playable on mobile devices, every CPU chip company has an esports division, and the total advertising hours for games have surpassed those of traditional advertising kingpins such as fast food companies.
Our ecosystem is a holistic approach that taps into the power of esports as a global phenomenon that will transform everyone’s daily media consumption habits.
5 main initiatives
Asia Esports Festival
The first-ever mega-Esports Festival in Asia encompassing cyber gaming and esports competitions, and the esports-driven entertainment and youth pop-culture that captures the imagination of millennials. Following its inaugural festival in Singapore, the Asia Esports Festival will travel to global gateway cities across Asia – Shenzhen, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Phnom Penh, etc.
Esports Experience Center
Singapore’s largest esports experience center. Located in Kallang Wave Mall, the 12,000-square-foot center is an integrated esports and streaming venue that features top-tier esports retailers providing the newest and most popular esports equipment.
Esports Hub and Hotel
Integrated esports entertainment venues in gateway cities across Asia capitalizing on Singapore’s strategic location as a technology hub. EEA’s integrated development in Singapore.
EEA Mobile App
The first social community mobile app in Singapore that connects all gamers and esports lovers to the latest games and esports activities. Gamers can receive creative and informative esports content, and discover new products and merchandise recommended by other gamers in their network.
Masterclass & Academics
Specially designed series of audio, video and lighting certifications and classes. Industry experts and professionals share industry-standard techniques and newer “secrets” with AV and lighting enthusiasts who are looking to learn and gain inspiration along the way.